Welcome to MBTA's Summer Program Webpage!
The 2020 Summer School Program has ended.
Grades and credits have been sent to schools.
Report cards have been postal mailed to families.
***Any grade discrepancies should be reported using the Grade Appeal Form below***
Information for the 2021 Summer School Program will be posted here on or before March 1, 2021.
2020 MBTA Summer School Calendar
2020 MBTA Summer School Course Catalog
2020 MBTA Summer School Application (Summer Registration is now closed.)
2020 MBTA Summer School Handbook<= Online Orientation starts HERE
2020 PE Factsheet
2020 Summer School Withdrawal Form
MBTA Summer School - Grade Appeal Form
MBTA Summer School - Grade Request Form
*** Please also note that we may have enrollment caps this year, so please submit your applications and payments as soon as possible. ***
MBTA Summer Program Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):
*** Please review these FAQs before emailing Ms. Hyden. ***
Who can apply for MBTA’s online summer school?
Does MBTA provide laptops for summer school?
- Grade level 9-12 DOE, Public Charter, Private, and Homeschooled students who are residents of the state of Hawai‘i.
Can my child enroll in more than one class?
- Unfortunately, we are unable to provide laptops to non-MBTA students for summer school.
- MBTA students must make arrangements through the tech department in order to retain their
school-issued laptops for summer school use.
Can my child enroll in another summer school program while participating in MBTA's Summer Program?
- Yes, each student may register for up to two
classes during our summer session, if both classes are 0.5 credit classes.
- No, if the student enrolls in a 1.0 credit class.
Why does my child need a personal email address for the summer? Can they use mine?
- No. It is highly discouraged to enroll in multiple summer school programs.
We believe it puts undue strain on the student, given the accelerated nature
of our courses.
How can my child participate in this summer program while traveling?
- Our online system requires a unique, valid email address to create the students'
accounts, which are used to access our course website. Students may send and receive
communication with teachers and notifications from the courses through their email address.
- Students are expected to check their email daily. Students are permitted to use their
parent/guardian's email if it is accessible to the student daily and if it is not being used
another student participating in this program.
What if my child has a summer camp to attend for sports, church, etc.?
- While traveling, it is best to have a personal laptop, tablet, etc. to access our courses
and do word processing. Internet access can be obtained through most paid lodgings. Otherwise,
there are many public Wi-Fi hotspots available worldwide.
- We suggest that families schedule
school-time into the itinerary in order to ensure success for the student. It is also useful
to keep a clock that is on Hawai'i time, since all due dates and times will adhere to Hawai'i
- If students encounter any issues, prompt communication with the teacher is highly encouraged.
How does MBTA offer Physical Education (P.E.) ONLINE?
- If the student is attending a camp without internet access for up to one weeks time, they should
first consider that one day of summer school is worth approximately 3 days of regular instruction...
that's nearly a month of school work. but it is possible.
- In passed years, students who have planned
ahead for such camps have been successful by coordinating an accelerated schedule with the teacher.
Some students were even at camps which allowed for internet access. It is best to inquire first with
the camp/organization prior to making summer school arrangements.
Does MBTA offer financial aid for the summer program?
- All lessons, discussions, quizzes, and exams are on our course website. Students will complete
assignments, and projects for uploading to the course.
- A number of hours are set each week for pre-approved physical activity, and the students are responsible for logging these hours and submitting
them to the teacher through the course website. This system is ideal for those involved with sports
or those who prefer an individual, self-paced program for P.E.
- Please refer to the PE Factsheet for more information.
How do I make tuition payment? When is tuition due?
- No. However, MBTA is open to accepting outside scholarships for tuition.
- We accept Alu Like tuition vouchers every year. For more information about Alu Like's summer scholarship
program, please visit their website: http://www.alulike.org/services/kaipu_summer.html
How do I withdraw my child from MBTA's Summer Program? What if my child only wants to withdraw from one class?
- Tuition payment must be accompanied by the signed application confirmation page (PDF sent to your designated email address).
- Tuition is accepted by mail: Check, Money Order, or Voucher.
- You may also opt to pay with cash in our office, but it must be the exact tuition amount. The office will not be able to provide change.
- Tuition must be paid in-full at the time of application.
- Alu Like vouchers are considered a promise of payment, and the student's tuition will be considered paid for in the amount specified on the voucher.
Parent/Guardians are responsible for any remaining balance. If tuition payment vouchers are awarded after the parent/guardian has made the tuition payment,
a refund will be issued to the parent/guardian following redemption of the payment voucher.
Should you have further questions or concerns regarding our Summer Program,
please email our Summer School Director, Brandi Hyden: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Step 1: Complete the online withdrawal form. ONLY add the class(es) that you wish to withdraw from.
- Step 2: Check your email for the confirmation.
- Step 3: Print and Sign the confirmation PDF.
- Step 4: Submit to MBTA office by the posted deadline.
- The summer school director will process the withdrawal request and forward it to MBTA’s accountant to issue any approved refunds.
- No refund will be processed without the completed & signed confirmation page.